Posted on :- 2020-11-02 11:15:58
Source :- The Hindu Newspaper
CURRENT AFFAIRS(30 OCTOBER)
4TH INDIA ENERGY FORUM BY CERAWEEK
- PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 4th India Energy Forum by CERAWeek organised by HIS Markit. The theme of this edition is “India’s Energy Future in a World of Change”.
- India is the third-largest and the fastest-growing aviation market in terms of domestic aviation and Indian carriers are projected to increase their fleet size from 600 to 1200 by
- According to PM, India’s Energy Plan aims to ensure energy justice while fully following India’s global commitments for sustainable growth. India will emerge as a leading energy consumer and is projected to nearly double its energy consumption over the long
- The key topics that were discussed are Impact of the Pandemic on India’s future energy demand securing supplies for India’s economic
- In 1983, Cambridge Energy Research Associates (CERA) was founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts. CERAWeek key research is on energy markets, geopolitics, industry trends, technology and
- The Indian Army has launched a secured messaging application platform named
‘Secure Application for the Internet’ (SAI).
- This mobile application for Android will support end-to-end secure voice, text and video calling services. This application is similar to applications like Telegram and WhatsApp.
- SAI has been vetted by CERT-in empanelled auditor and Army Cyber Group. It also informed that the process for filing Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) hosting the infrastructure on NIC and working on iOS platform is currently in
- Ministry of Defence also informed that SAI will be used by pan Army to ensure securing messaging. Upon reviewing the functionalities of the application, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh praised Col Sai Shankar for his skill and ingenuity for developing the application.
- A six-year-old Bangladeshi boy, Anzar Mustaeen Ali won a special prize of USD 1000 for his artwork in the global art competition organised by the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR).
- The ICCR had launched a global painting competition named ‘United against CORONA- Express through Art’ which
attracted 8000 artwork entries from around the world. After the first round of competition 210 artworks were shortlisted.
- The final jury evaluated and decided the winners from each category such as Indian and Foreign, Professional/Amateur/Children in four different sections:
I. Contemporary Art
- Folk and Tribal Art
III. Cartoons and Illustrations
- Digital and New Age Art
- ICCR President: Vinay Sahasrabuddhe
- ICCR Headquarters: New Delhi
- A unique Plastic Premier League (PPL) tournament is being played in Indore, Madhya Pradesh to free the city from single- use plastic.
- Indore is known for its innovative efforts regarding cleanliness. Indore has been awarded as the cleanest city in the country four times so
- Four teams have been formed for the Plastic Premier League competition. The 19 zones of Indore Municipal Corporation are divided into these four teams. For the competition, the team captain Radio Jockey will encourage citizens to donate more and more plastic from their radio
- These teams have been provided by municipal workers and five vehicles to collect plastic. The team that collects the most single-use plastics in this 45-day competition will be awarded the PPL
- Madhya Pradesh Governor: Anandiben Patel (additional charge).
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh