current affairs(20TH NOVEMBER)
CAPACITY BUILDING COMPONENT UNDER PM-FME SCHEME
- Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Narendra Singh Tomar has virtually inaugurated the capacity building component of the Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises scheme (PM-FME Scheme).
- PM-FME Scheme has been launched with an outlay of Rs
10,000 crore for a period of five years from 2020-21 to 2024-25. He also launched the GIS One District One Product (ODOP) digital map of India.
- The component envisages imparting training to food processing entrepreneurs, various groups, viz., self-help groups (SHGs), Co-operatives, workers, and other stakeholders associated with the implementation of the PM-FME
- Training would be given to the master trainers through online mode, classroom lecture and demonstration, and self-paced online learning material. The master trainers will then train the district-level trainers, who will eventually train the
- It provides details of ODOP products of all the states and facilitates the stakeholders to make concerted efforts for its value chain
- The Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has addressed the 33rd Stop TB Partnership Board meeting in New Delhi through Video
- During the meet, the minister has stressed on the need to create a mass movement for the elimination of TB with strategized advocacy, thought leadership, disruptive social entrepreneurship, powerful, societal and political
- It must be noted that India is running the “TB Harega, Desh Jeetega” campaign that targets to achieve the Sustainable Development Goal target related to TB by 2025, five years ahead of the global target of
- The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, and the Prime Minister of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Xavier Bettel, held the first-ever India-Luxembourg Virtual Summit on 19 November
- Both countries have friendly relation of over more than
seven decades since the establishment of diplomatic relations in 1948.
- During the Summit, both parties agreed for enhanced cooperation in areas of trade, finance, steel, space, ICT, innovation, manufacturing, automotive, sustainable development and the fight against climate
- Prime Minister welcomed Luxembourg’s announcement to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA), and invited it to join the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI).
RAVI S. PRASAD RELEASES 'MY STAMP' ON CHATH PUJA'
- Union Minister of Communications, Electronics & Information Technology and Law and Justice, Ravi Shankar Prasad has released a “My Stamp on Chhath Puja”.
- My Stamp is an innovative concept initiated by the Department of Posts. Any common person or corporate organisation can now book order and get a personalized photograph or an image of a Postage
- My Stamp is one of the unique products being offered by India Post, which has gained its popularity in the customized gifting
- My Stamp on Chhath Puja is available in all Philatelic bureaus and major post offices across the country. A special cover on the theme “Chhath-A symbol of Simplicity and Cleanliness” was also
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) Chairman M. Ajit Kumar, along with members of the Board inaugurated the GST Bhawan, Panchkula,
- The state of the art building will house the offices of Central GST at Panchkula. It has been built at a cost of about 31 crores rupees. This is the first major infrastructure project of CBIC completed in these times of
- The building is a fully air-conditioned three-storied building built on a plot of about 1.4 acres with 7600 square metres covered area and seating capacity of about 200
- CBIC Founded: 1 January
- CBIC Headquarters: New
R. POKHRIYAL: VATAYAN LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Union Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank will be conferred with the Vatayan Lifetime Achievement Award. This award will be conferred to the Minister for writing, poetry and other literary
- The Minister has penned more than 75 books on wide-
ranging issues, which have also been translated into many national and foreign languages.
- Vatayan International Awards given by the Vatayan-UK organization in London honours poets, writers and artists for their exemplary work in their respective
- Mr Pokhriyal has earlier received several awards in the field of literature and administration including Sahitya Bharati Award by the then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Sahitya Gaurav Samman by Former President A.P.J. Abdul
- The other awards are Good Governance Award by Dubai Government, Outstanding Achievement Award by Global Organization of Person of Indian Origin by Mauritius, awarded in Ukraine in the area of environmental protection.
INDIA RANKED 77TH IN 'TRACE BRIBERY RISK MATRIX 2020'
- India is placed at 77th position in the TRACE Bribery Risk Matrix 2020. India has achieved a score of 45 in a global list that measures business bribery risks of
- India’s rank stood 78 positions in It was a better performance than neighbouring nations such as Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal and China. But, Bhutan scored better than India and got 48th place in the list.
- North Korea, Turkmenistan, South Sudan, Venezuela and Eritrea had the highest commercial bribery risk. Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden and New Zealand showed the lowest bribery
- The TRACE Matrix list is released by TRACE International, an anti-bribery standard- setting organization, which measures business bribery risk in 194 countries, territories, and autonomous and semi-autonomous
- World Children’s Day is observed globally on 20 November every year. The day is celebrated to promote international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide, and improving children’s
- November 20th is an important date as it is the date in
1959 when the UN General Assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child.
- World Children’s Day was first established in 1954 as Universal Children’s Day and is celebrated on 20 November each
- It is also the date in 1989 when the UN General Assembly adopted the Convention on the Rights of the