current affairs(21st NOVEMBER)
GOI AND NDB BANK SIGNED MOU OF USD 500 MILLION
- The Government of India and the New Development Bank (NDB) has signed a loan agreement for lending USD 500 million for the ‘Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System Project’.
- This Regional Rapid Transit System provides fast, reliable,
safe and comfortable public transport system in the National Capital Region (NCR).
- The fast transit system will support in achieving the goal of sustainable urban development in the NCR region including the National Capital Territory of
- The environment friendly and very low emission RRTS will carry many times more people at high speed (average speed 100 kmph) while occupying just 3 m space on land thus reducing congestion on the
- NDB funding will be provided to finance rolling stock for modern design, energy- efficient operations and interoperability across
- The NCR is among the world’s largest urban agglomerations and a major economic centre of India. Due to the lack of efficient public transport options, the number of private vehicles in NCR has
- New Development Bank Headquarters location: Shanghai,
- President of the New Development Bank: Marcos
30TH INDIA-THAILAND COORDINATED PATROL (CORPAT)
- The 30th edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) was held between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai
- The Indian Naval Ship (INS) Karmuk, an indigenously built
Missile Corvette and Thailand Ship (HTMS) Kraburi, a Chao Phraya Class Frigate along with Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both the navies participated in the CORPAT.
- The two navies have been carrying out CORPAT along their International Maritime Boundary Line twice a year since 2005 to enhance bilateral ties and maritime cooperation.
- Prime Minister of Thailand: Prayut Chan-o-cha.
- Thailand Capital:
- Thailand Currency: Thai
- The North Police Station in Kohima was awarded ISO 9001:2015 certification for Quality Management System. It is the first government agency of the state that has received such recognition.
- The ISO certificate helps to ensure that the police personnel routinely evaluates its working and implement remedial measures, as and when
- The entire process of certification was completed within 30 days and was initiated by the Kohima Police. The process involves an online application, documentation, upgrading the existing facilities, online auditing and other
- Kohima police informed that their sole motive was to improve the quality of public service and to create a more visitor-friendly
- To meet the specified parameters, the police station streamlined the process of character/passport verification and the system of filing and record
- ISO 9001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for a Quality Management System (QMS).
- Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi and Bhutan Prime Minister Lotay Tshering virtually launched RuPay card Phase-II, to allow Bhutanese cardholders to access RuPay network in
- In August 2019, PM Modi and his Bhutanese counterpart jointly launched Phase-I of the project. Phase-II will now allow access RuPay network in
- The implementation of Phase-I of RuPay cards in Bhutan has
India to access ATMs and Point of Sale (PoS) terminals across Bhutan.
Bhutan Capital: Thimphu.
Bhutan Currency: Bhutanese ngultrum.
MASTERCARD AND USAID TO LAUNCH 'PROJECT KIRANA'
- Mastercard and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has collaborated under Women’s Global
- And also in Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP) to launch ‘Project Kirana’ in India, to help women entrepreneurs grow and
- Project Kirana is a two-year programme, and initially, it will be rolled out in select cities of Uttar Pradesh, including Lucknow, Kanpur and
- The programme will be implemented by DAI Digital Frontiers and ACCESS Development
- Build financial and digital literacy skills; Improve basic business management skills including inventory management, accounting, budget management and customer
- Mastercard Headquarters: New York, United
- Mastercard President: Michael
- Mastercard Chief Executive Officer (CEO): Ajay Banga(Michael Miebach will take over as CEO by January 2021).
- Scottish writer Douglas Stuart has won the 2020 Booker Prize for Fiction. He has been awarded for his debut novel, “Shuggie Bain”.
- The 44-year-old Stuart is only the second to have won the prestigious literary
- The Booker Prize for Fiction, (formerly known as the Booker–McConnell Prize (1969– 2001) and the Man Booker Prize (2002–2019)), is a literary prize awarded each
- It is awarded for the best original novel written in the English language and published in the United Kingdom. It carries £50,000 prize ($66,000).
- Africa Industrialization Day is celebrated on November 20 each It is a time when governments and other organizations in many African countries examine ways to stimulate Africa’s industrialization process.
- It is also an occasion to draw worldwide media attention to the problems and challenges of industrialization in Theme for 2020: “Inclusive and sustainable industrialization in the AfCFTA era”.
- Within the framework of the Second Industrial Development Decade for Africa (1991- 2000), the United Nations General Assembly, in 1989, proclaimed 20 November “Africa Industrialization Day”.
- Since then, the United Nations System has held events on that day throughout the world to raise awareness about the importance of Africa’s industrialization and the challenges faced by the
NATIONAL NEWBORN WEEK 2020: 15 TO 21 NOVEMBER
- In India, the National Newborn Week 2020 is observed every year from 15 to 21 November. Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan has chaired an event to mark the National Newborn Week
- The main purpose of the week is to reinforce the importance of newborn health as a key priority area of the health sector and reduce the infant mortality rate by improving healthcare conditions for babies in the neonatal
- The theme of National Newborn Week 2020 is ‘Quality, Equity, Dignity for every newborn at every health facility and everywhere’.
- In 2014, India became the first country to launch the India Newborn Action Plan (INAP), in alignment with the Global Every Newborn Action Plan towards eliminating preventable deaths of new-borns and
- World Fisheries Day is celebrated on 21 November every year throughout the world by the fisherfolk communities.
- It highlights the importance of healthy oceans ecosystems and to ensure sustainable stocks of fisheries in the world. 2020 is the fourth World Fisheries
- The World Fisheries Day helps in highlighting the critical importance to human lives, of water and the lives it sustains, both in and out of water. Water forms a continuum, whether contained in rivers, lakes, and
- Fishing communities worldwide celebrate this day through rallies, workshops, public meetings, cultural programs, dramas, exhibition, music show, and demonstrations to highlight the importance of maintaining the world’s