current affairs(23RD NOVEMBER)
INDIA BECOMES 4TH NATION TO GET IMO NOD
- The Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) has been recognized by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) as a part of the World Wide Radio Navigation System (WWRNS) for operation in the Indian Ocean
- India has become the fourth country in the world to have its independent regional navigation satellite system recognized by the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
- The other three countries that have its navigation systems recognized by the IMO are the US, Russia and China. The Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) was designed to provide accurate position information services to assist in the navigation of ships in Indian Ocean
- The Director-General of Shipping (DGS) had approached the IMO for granting recognition to the IRNSS as a component of the WWRNS, similar to the US-owned Global Position System (GPS) or Russia’s Global Navigation Satellite System (GLONASS) – a process that took two
- The IRNSS was a modern and more accurate navigation system and at any given time, there are at least 2,500 merchant vessels in Indian waters that will now be able to use the
LIC LAUNCHES 1ST DIGITAL APP 'ANANDA'
- Life Insurance Corporation of India has launched a digital application for agents for onboarding to get a life insurance
- The Digital Application is called “ANANDA”, which is an acronym for Atma Nirbhar Agents New Business Digital
- The Digital application is a tool for the on boarding process to get the life insurance policy through a paperless module with the help of the agent or
- Life Insurance Corporation of India Headquarters: Mumbai,
- Life Insurance Corporation of India Chairperson: M R Kumar.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India Founded: 1 September 1956.
- The US space agency NASA and the European Space Agency (ESA) successfully launched ‘Copernicus Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite’, to monitor the rising global sea
- The joint US-European satellite lifted off on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Space Launch Complex 4E at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
- The Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite will help to enhance weather forecasts and provide detailed information on large-scale ocean currents to support ship navigation near coastlines.
- The US-EU collaboration for the monitoring of sea-level record began in 1992 with the TOPEX/Poseidon satellite and followed by Jason-1 (2001), OSTM/Jason-2 (2008), and eventually, Jason-3 (2016).
- This Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite will be followed in 2025 by its twin, Sentinel- 6B.
- The administrator of the NASA: Jim
- Headquarters of NASA: Washington D.C., United
TELUGU SAHITYA ACADEMY AWARDS WINNER PASSED AWAY
- Noted Telugu poet, journalist, scriptwriter, and Kendra Sahitya Academy award winner Shaik Khaja Hussain, popularly known as Devi Priya, passed
- He was born in Tadikonda in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh. He bagged the Sahitya Akademi Award 2017, for his book Gaali
- His “Running Commentary” on contemporary politics in Udayam Telugu daily was very popular and thought-provoking.
- Apart from penning poetry, he has also written several lyrics for Telugu movies. His song
Jambhal Bhari Bhai penned for Maa Bhoomi was very popular among all.
- He authored several books including Gareebi Geetaalu, Amma Chettu Chepa Chiluka, and others. During his journalism stint, Devipriya was instrumental in making noted Telugu poet Sri to write his
- The 2nd edition of India, Singapore and Thailand Trilateral Maritime Exercise SITMEX-20 was conducted from in the Andaman
- The 2020 edition of the exercise is being hosted by Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN). Indian Navy (IN) Ships including indigenously built ASW corvette Kamorta and missile corvette Karmuk participated in the
- The SITMEX series of exercises are conducted to enhance mutual inter-operability between IN, RSN and Royal Thai Navy (RTN).
- It also strengthens mutual confidence and develop common understanding and procedures towards enhancing the overall maritime security in the region. The first edition of SITMEX was hosted by Indian Navy in 2019 off Port
- Prime Minister of Thailand: Prayut Chan-o-cha.
- Thailand Capital:
- Singapore Capital:
- Prime Minister of Singapore: Lee Hsien
NASEERUDDIN SHAH HONOURED WITH ADITYA BIRLA AWARD
- Veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah has been honoured with the 2020 Aditya Vikram Birla Kalashikhar Puraskar at annual Sangit Kala Kendra Awards.
- Alongside, two emerging stars, in the firmament of theatrics – Neel Choudhary and Irawati Karnik were awarded the Aditya Vikram Birla Kalakiran Puraskars. “Theatre” is the central theme, for this year’s
- The Aditya Vikram Birla Kalashikhar and Kalakiran Puraskar awards were instituted in 1996 by the Sangeet Kala Kendra (SKK).
- It was founded in 1973 by Aditya Vikram Birla (former Chairman of Aditya Birla Group), to honor excellence in theatre and performing
DEPT. OF FISHERIES PRESENT 1ST FISHERIES AWARD
- Department of Fisheries presents Fisheries Sector Awards for the first time on the occasion of the ‘World Fisheries Day’, to recognise their accomplishments in the field and their contribution into the growth of the
- The Department of Fisheries under the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying awarded best performing States, Organisations and Districts for 2019-20.
Ø Top States:
- Marine states – Odisha
- Inland states – Uttar
- Hilly and NE states –
Ø Top Organization:
- Tamil Nadu Fisheries Development Corporation Ltd. (for Marine).
- Telangana State Fishermen Cooperative societies Federation Ltd (for Inland).
- Assam Apex Cooperative Fish Marketing and Processing Federation (for Hilly region).
Ø Top Districts:
- Best Marine District – Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh.
- Best Inland District – Kalahandi,
- Best Hilly and NE District – Nagaon,
WORLDWIDE COST OF LIVING (WCOL) INDEX 2020
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has released its biannual ‘Worldwide Cost of Living (WCOL)’ report of the World’s Most Expensive Cities in 2020, based on their cost of
ü Hong Kong (China), Paris (France) and Zurich
(Switzerland) share the top spot as the most expensive cities in the list, which comprises of 133 cities.
- Damascus (Syria), Tashkent (Uzbekistan), Lusaka (Zambia) ranked the last three spots as the cheapest cities in the list, which comprises of 133
- The report took into account the price of 138 items, used in every day for survival, and the falling or rising value of that country’s currency due to Covid to rank the cities accordingly.
- Economist Intelligence Unit Headquarters: London, United
- Economist Intelligence Unit Founded: