current affairs(26TH NOVEMBER)
HIMACHAL PRADESH INAUGURATED 'HIM SURAKSHA ABHIYAN'
- Himachal Pradesh government has launched ‘Him Suraksha Abhiyan’ to sensitize the people regarding Covid-19 pandemic and also to collect information regarding symptoms of diseases like TB, Leprosy, sugar and blood pressure by the door to door campaign throughout the State.
- Under this Abhiyan about 8000 teams comprising of Health, Ayurveda, Women and Child Development, Panchayati Raj Departments, District Administration and NGOs would be involved in this campaign. It would ensure door to door data collection of health parameters of the people.
- While launching the program in Shimla, Chief Minister Jairam Thakur said that not only symptomatic patients with probable Covid-19 would be detected under this campaign but patients with other ailments would also be listed through the campaign.
- He urged the people of the State to provide wholehearted support to the health workers by providing them accurate information about their diseases and health parameters.
SIMBEX-20 EXERCISE TO BE HOSTED BY INDIAN NAVY
- The Indian Navy will host the SIMBEX-20 exercise in the Andaman Sea. SIMBEX represents the annual Singapore-India maritime bilateral exercise. SIMBEX was established between the Indian and Singaporean navies in 1993.
- The 27th edition of India's SIMBEX-Singapore bilateral maritime exercise is scheduled to be held in the Andaman Sea from November 23 to 25, 2020.
- The annual bilateral exercises started in 1994 aimed at enhancing mutual interoperability and absorbing best practices from each other.
- The 2020 version of SIMBEX will witness the participation of Indian navy ships, including the destroyer Rana and integrated Chetak helicopters, and the locally-built frigates Kamorta and Karmuk.
- In addition, the IN submarine Sindhuraj and P8I maritime reconnaissance aircraft will also participate in the exercise.
NARENDRA S. TOMAR INAUGURATED MEGA FOOD PARK
- Union Food Processing Industries Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has virtually inaugurated the Rs 107.83 crore mega food park at Phagwara in Kapurthala district of Punjab.
- So far, 37 mega food parks have been sanctioned across the country, of which 20 have started functioning.
- The mega food park, spread over 55 acres of land and that will benefit 25,000 farmers, is equipped with warehouses in 3,944 square meters, silos with 20,000-tonne capacity, cold storage with 3,000-tonne capacity as well as individually quick-frozen and deep freezer units and other facilities.
- Chief Minister of Punjab: Amarinder Singh.
- Governor of Punjab: P. Singh Badnore.
INDIA'S PARTNER JAPAN SIGNED PACT WITH MALDIVES
- Japan is India’s strategic partner in the Indo-Pacific region and has recently signed an agreement to strengthen the Maldives’ security infrastructure, which will contribute to the stability of the South Indian Ocean.
- The Maldives and Japan recently signed an agreement under the Japanese government’s economic and social development plan.
- According to the plan, 800 million yen in grant assistance will be provided to the Maldives Coast Guard and the Maritime Rescue and Coordination Center.
- The grant assistance will be used to further strengthen the capabilities of the Maldives Coast Guard, Maritime Rescue and Coordination Center, sub-regional centers and ships.
- This includes the provision of communication equipment, professional search and rescue diving equipment, which will be used by the Maldives Coast Guard in search and rescue operations.
Benefits of the pact signed:
● Fight against piracy.
● Combating violent extremism and drug trafficking.
● Ensuring a free and open Indian Ocean will bring peace and prosperity to the region.
● The Indian Ocean Islands, with a population of nearly 400,000, has geopolitical significance due to its superior geographical location.
'NIVAR' INTENSIFIED INTO CYCLONIC STORM
- The Deep Depression over the South West Bay of Bengal has intensified into the Cyclonic Storm “Nivar”. The cyclone is currently located 410 km east-southeast of Puducherry and 450 km southeast of Chennai.
- As per the India Meteorological Department, Cyclone Nivar is very likely to intensify into a severe cyclonic storm in the next 24-hours. The storm shall cross Tamil Nadu and Puducherry coasts between Karaikal and Mamallapuram around Puducherry.
- The impact of the Cyclone shall be faced by the governments of Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka. Maximum hazard will be caused to Tamil Nadu, which has been placed under ‘red’ (take action) alert.
- The NDRF has formed 30 teams to launch rescue and relief operations in these states in view of the cyclone “Nivar”.
'DELHI CRIME’:48TH INTERNATIONAL EMMY AWARDS 2020
- The Netflix show, Delhi Crime has won the Best Drama Series award at the 48th International Emmy Awards 2020.
- Delhi Crime is the first web-series from India to win an International Emmy Award. The show is written and directed by Richie Mehta and features actress Shefali Shah as the main character.
The list of 2020 International Emmy Awards winners:
Best Drama Series: Delhi Crime (India)
Best Comedy Series: Ninguem Ta Olhando (Nobody’s Looking) (Brazil)
Best Actress: Glenda Jackson, Elizabeth Is Missing (United Kingdom)
Best Actor: Billy Barratt, Responsible Child (United Kingdom)
Best TV Movie/Mini-Series: Responsible Child (United Kingdom)
Best Short-Form Series: #Martyisdead (Czech Republic)
Best Documentary: For Sama (United Kingdom)
ARGENTINA SOCCER LEGEND MARADONA PASSED AWAY
- Argentina soccer legend Diego Maradona passed away on 25th November. He died at the age of 60. He died because of heart failure.
- Diego Maradona was the captain when Argentina won the 1986 World Cup, in which he produced a series of Sublime individual performances.
- In the match, he scored the two famous goals in one game against England in the quarter-finals. He was considered the greatest soccer player ever.
- He was signed for 2 world record fees in his career when joining Barcelona and then later Napoli. He was one of the highest-paid players in the world.
IBBI HAS AMENDED THE REGULATIONS FOR LIQUIDATION
- The Indian Bankruptcy and Bankruptcy Commission (IBBI) amended the liquidation regulations under the Bankruptcy and Bankruptcy Act (IBC).
- The liquidator of the company can allocate or transfer the assets that are not easily realizable to anyone to ensure that the company cannot find the offeror under the IBC quickly.
- The aforementioned transfer or transfer of assets must be negotiated with the stakeholder committee.
- The definition of "non-liquidate assets" includes any assets of the company's debtors that cannot be sold through available options.
- The liquidator can sell any or all of the assets of the company in liquidation, and these assets are facing some disputes or involved in some fraudulent transactions.
- IBBI was established in 2016 under IBC. It is responsible for the implementation of IBC. It supervises bankruptcy professionals and professional institutions, professional bankruptcy entities and information utilities.
- It prepares and implements rules for the bankruptcy settlement and bankruptcy processes of companies and individuals under the Code.