current affairs(30TH NOVEMBER)
UNION MINISTER NARENDRA S. TOMAR LAUNCHED HONEY FPO
- The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar virtually inaugurated Honey Farmer Producer Organisation (FPO) Programme in five states, for producing honey.
They will be set up at:
East Champaran (Bihar)
Morena (Madhya Pradesh)
Mathura (Uttar Pradesh)
Sunderbans (West Bengal)
- The Honey FPO Programme aims to address the issues faced by the beekeeping industry and also promote honey production in the country. This will also help in achieving the goal of increasing farmer’s income.
- These 5 FPOs will be set up by the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED).
- The Honey FPO Programme has been launched under the Central Sector Scheme for Formation & Promotion of new 10,000 FPOs.
- The task of creating these FPOs has been given to Nabard (600 FPOs), Small Farmers’ Agribusiness Consortium (500), National Cooperative Development Corporation (500) and NAFED which will support 50 commodity-specific FPOs and some State-level organizations.
PM MODI CHAIRED 33RD MEETING OF PRAGATI
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has chaired the 33rd PRAGATI meeting to review multiple projects, grievances and programmes.
- PRAGATI stands for “Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation”. The projects worth around Rs 1.41 lakh crore, related to ten states and union territories, were reviewed.
- They included Odisha, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Gujarat, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- These projects were related to the Ministry of Railways, MORTH, DPIIT and Power Ministry.
PM MODI REVIEWS COVID VACCINE DEVELOPMENT
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has embarked on a three-city visit on 28 November 2020, to personally review the COVID-19 vaccine development and manufacturing process at facilities in these cities.
Facilities in cities visited by PM Modi are:
- Zydus Biotech Park in Ahmedabad,
- Bharat Biotech in Hyderabad
- Serum Institute of India in Pune
- The scientists at these facilities expressed their joy that the Prime Minister met them face to face in order to boost their morale and help accelerate their efforts in the vaccine development journey.
INDIA AND FINLAND SIGNED MOU RELATED TO ENVIRONMENT
- India and Finland signed an MoU for developing cooperation in the field of Environment protection and biodiversity conservation.
- The MoU was signed by Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar from the Indian side and his Finnish counterpart Krista Mikkonen through video-mode.
- The MoU will further advance Indian and Finnish partnership and strengthen technological, scientific and management capabilities and develop bilateral cooperation in the field of environmental protection and biodiversity conservation.
- Support, exchange best practices in areas like prevention of air and water pollution, waste management, and promotion of circular economy.
FIRST COAL BASED POWER PLANT OF ARAB GULF COUNTRY
- The first coal-based power plant of Arab Gulf country is being developed in Saih Shuaib, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- The 2,400MW Hassyan clean coal power station will be built at an estimated cost of $ 3.4 billion.
- The project will comprise four units of 600MW each, which are expected to start operations in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 respectively.
- The power plant is expected to produce sufficient electricity to power approximately 250,000 households.
INDIAN SKIP. VIRAT KOHLI BROKE SACHIN TENDULKAR'S RECORD
- Indian cricket team skipper Virat Kohli scripted another record in the game. He broke Sachin Tendulkar’s record and became the quickest batsman to complete 22,000 runs.
- He reached the milestone in his 462nd innings. Tendulkar batted 493 times to reach that mark. They are followed by Brian Lara (511 innings) and Ricky Ponting (514 innings) on the list.
- The only batsman with an average of over 50 across all formats, Kohli has 7240 runs in Tests, 12834 runs in ODIs and 2794 runs in T20Is. Kohli achieved this feat during the second ODI between Australia and India at the SCG.
- Notably, Kohli has become the eighth batsman overall and the third Indian to surpass 22,000 international runs. Rahul Dravid, who scored 24208 runs, is another Indian on the list.
NATIONAL ORGAN DONATION DAY: 27TH NOVEMBER
- The ‘National Organ Donation Day’ is observed in India every year on 27 November, since past 10 years.
- The day aims to promote awareness and recognize the selfless contribution made by deceased donors to healthcare and mankind re-instils our faith in humanity.
- The year 2020 marks the 11th National Organ Donation Day. It is organised by the National Organ & Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO) under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- National Organ & Tissue Transplant Organization Headquarters: New Delhi.
INT. DAY OF SOLIDARITY WITH THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE
- The International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is an UN-organized day held every year on November 29.
- It is observed to mark the anniversary of resolution 181, wherein the Assembly adopted the resolution on the partition of Palestine on November 29, 1947.
- In 1977, the General Assembly called for the annual observance of 29 November as the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. On that day, in 1947, the Assembly adopted the resolution on the partition of Palestine.
- This date, which was chosen because of its meaning and significance to the Palestinian people, is based on the call by the United Nations General Assembly for an annual observance of the resolution on the partition of Palestine.