current affairs(19TH NOVEMBER)
JAPAN AND AUSTRALIA DEFENCE DEAL TO TACKLE CHINA
- Japan and Australia have signed a ‘landmark’ defence pact in a bid to counter China’s growing influence in the South China Sea and over the Pacific island
- The deal called Reciprocal Access Agreement (RAA) was signed between Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga and his Australian counterpart Scott Morrison.
- RAA will allow Japanese and Australian troops to visit each other’s countries and conduct training and joint The treaty will strengthen its security ties and facilitate cooperation between defence forces.
- Japan & Australia are now also part of important Malabar Naval Exercise involving the United States, Japan and India as permanent partners. The main aim of the exercise is to control the influence of China in Asia-Pacific
- The annual Malabar exercises includes diverse activities, ranging from fighter combat operations from aircraft carriers through maritime interdiction operations, counter-piracy operations, cross–deck helicopter landings and anti–air warfare
- Japan Prime minister: Yoshihide
- Prime Minister of Australia: Scott Morrison.
- The Madhya Pradesh government, led by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, has decided to set up a ‘Gau Cabinet’ for the protection, conservation and promotion of cows in the state.
- The Cabinet will comprise of the departments of animal husbandry, forests, panchayat and rural development, revenue, home and farmers
- The first meeting of the Cabinet will be held at 12 pm on ‘Gopashtami’ on November 22 at the Cow Sanctuary in Agar-Malwa district named ‘Kamdhenu Gau Abhyaranya ‘.
- It is India’s first cow sanctuary which was set up by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)- led Madhya Pradesh government in September
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh: Shivraj Singh Chouhan;
- Governor: Anandiben
- The 2021 U-17 Women’s World Cup, which was scheduled to be held in India, has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus
- It has also been decided that India will host the 2022
edition of the World Cup. The tournament was supposed to be held in November 2020 initially, only for the pandemic to force a postponement.
- FIFA then revised the schedule and the tournament was to be held in February and March in 2021 in
- The 2020 U20 Women’s World Cup has also been cancelled along with the U17 edition. While Costa Rica will get the chance to host the 2022 U20 Women’s World Cup.
- Five venues had been selected as host cities for the tournament – the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar
- The other four are Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan (VYBK) in Kolkata, Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati, EKA Arena in Ahmedabad and the DY Patil Stadium in Navi
- Headquarters of FIFA: Zürich,
- President of FIFA: Gianni
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced its partnership with Mobile Premier League (MPL) Sports,
- It is a athleisure wear and sports merchandise brand from
Mobile Premier League, India’s largest esports platform,
as the new kit sponsor and official merchandise partner for the Indian Cricket Team.
- MPL Sports has entered into a three-year agreement from November 2020 to December 2023. MPL Sports’ association with the BCCI begins with upcoming India’s tour of Australia, 2020-21, which will see Team India sporting the new
- The senior men and women and the Under-19 teams are also a part of the deal for the new kits. Apart from Team India jerseys, MPL Sports will also sell licensed Team India
- MPL Sports will offer the jerseys and its wide range of Team India merchandise to fans at affordable
President of BCCI: Sourav Ganguly. Headquarters of BCCI: Mumbai, Maharashtra. Headquarters of MPL: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
INDIA'S PARAM SIDDHI RANKED 3RD IN LIST OF 500
- According to the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Indian supercomputer, Param Siddhi has achieved 63rd rank in the list of 500 most powerful supercomputers in the world.
- Param Siddhi is the high-performance computing-artificial
intelligence (HPC-AI) supercomputer established under National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) at C-DAC.
- The Top 500 project which ranks the top 500 non-distributed computer systems in the world is published twice a
- The first of these updates always coincides with the International Supercomputing Conference in June, and the second is presented at the ACM/IEEE Supercomputing Conference in
- The AI system will strengthen application development of packages in areas such as advanced materials, computational chemistry & astrophysics, and several packages being developed under the mission related to health care
- The supercomputer will also help in acceleration of research and development in the fight against COVID19 through faster simulations, medical imaging, genome sequencing and forecasting and is a boon for Indian masses and for start-ups and MSMEs in particular.
KARNATAKA BANK LAUNCHES CASA CAMPAIGN
- Karnataka Bank launched CASA (current account, saving s account) mobilisation campaign which will run from November 17 to March 4,
- The bank stated that it intends to mobilise over 4.10 lakh current and savings accounts with an accretion of 650 crores of
- With this campaign, the bank intends to introduce its attractive and superior line of
digitally powered savings and current account products to its customers.
- To enable the basic banking services to the unbanked (not use banks or banking institutions) sections of the society. To popularize bank’s digitally powered CASA products to the next level of customers on the basis of their
- Karnataka Bank Limited Headquarters: Mangaluru(Mangalore), Karnataka.
- Karnataka Bank Limited MD & CEO: Mahabaleshwara S.
- World COPD Day is observed on the third Wednesday of November every year to raise awareness about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and improve COPD care throughout the
- World COPD Day 2020 falls on 18 November 2020. The 2020 theme for the COPD day is “living Well with COPD-Everybody, Everywhere”.
- The day is organized by the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) in collaboration with health care professionals and COPD patient groups throughout the
- The first World COPD Day was held in 2002. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a lung disease that blocks airflow and makes it difficult to
- World Toilet Day (WTD) is observed globally on 19 November to inspire action to tackle the global sanitation crisis. World Toilet Day celebrates toilets and raises awareness of the 4.2 billion people living without access to safely managed
- It is about taking action to tackle the global sanitation crisis and achieve Sustainable Development Goal 6: water and sanitation for all by
- The day was established by the World Toilet Organization in 2001 and officially declared by the UN General Assembly in This year the theme remarks on the importance of “Sustainable sanitation and climate change”.
- World Toilet Organization Headquarters: Singapore.
- World Toilet Organization Founder and Director: Jack
- World Toilet Organization Founded: 19 November